Monday 12 October 2015

Israel Update - The Spiritual Bystander Effect

The Spiritual Bystander Effect   The Spiritual Bystander Effect       The Jewish people needs your prayers.   by Sara Debbie Gutfreund “Can you believe what’s going on in Israel?” my mother asked me when I called her in the middle of Sukkot. I felt my heart drop, my breath catch. I hadn’t been keeping up with the news at all. My house was full of guests; children running up and down the steps and trays of food going in and out of the sukkah. And I stopped myself from saying: Don’t tell me. I don’t want to know. Because part of me really didn’t want to hear what had happened. Just at that moment my youngest ran into the room and pulled on my skirt. “Ima, hold me.” He rubbed his eyes as I gathered him into my arms and quickly steered the phone call into a different direction. But after I said Shema with him and tucked him into bed, I forced myself to finally go into my office. I sat down at my desk and as the lively din of my guests echoed towards me from downstairs, I opened up the news. The headlines looked like nightmares, one after the other. A father and mother shot in their car while their children watched helplessly from their seats. A father murdered on his way to pray at the Wall. His wife stabbed. His two-year-old daughter shot in the leg. And the young man who came out of his apartment to help them killed too. I closed my eyes and heard someone calling my name from downstairs. READ MORE >> An Open Letter to Roger Waters by Dr. Jacob L. Freedman Boycotting the narrow-minded bigotry of a creative genius. Read Article Hung Up on Israel by Jay Nordlinger An explanation for the sincere Read Article Supporting Terror by Dr. Yvette Alt Miller Reputable organizations lend support, prestige and funds to those who plan, carry out and praise terror attacks against Jews. Read Article NEW @ Aish.com! Daily Features Today's Quote Today's Photo Today's Recipe Like what you read? As a non-profit organization, Aish.com relies on readers like you to enable us to provide meaningful and relevant articles.Join Aish.com and help us continue to give daily inspiration to people like you around the world.Click here to Join Aish.com Follow us on Facebook What do you think of this email? Help us make these personalized newsletters — and our site — better. Send us your questions and comments to tellus@aish.com. Forward this email to a friend. Need to change your subscription? • This email was sent to: phillipphillip787@gmail.com. • You are currently subscribed to list "Israel Update." • To unsubscribe from this mailing list, click here. • To modify your email account, change your e-mail address, or unsubscribe from all lists click here. Aish.com is the most complete online Jewish resource. We hope you enjoy receiving this personalized newsletter.Aish.comOne Western Wall Plaza PO Box 14149 Jerusalem 91141 Israel Tel: 972-2-628-5666 Fax: 972-2-627-3172© 2015 Aish.com Powered by MadMimi ® Unsubscribe instantly from ALL Aish.com emails by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment